Breakthrough!
After about a week of working on his sitting up with Momma on stable, flat surfaces, Besnik decided to save his major SIT for Daddy on the cushiony bed. While Momma was out of the room getting ready for bed, he and Daddy were talking to Besnik's Octopus friend -- naturally, Besnik desired to be in the upright position in order to be on equal footing with the 8-tentacled fellow.
In the first two pictures below, he is using Nick as to prop himself up while using his left hand for balancing on the bed. Earlier that day he had discovered that the left hand was good for this...
However, in true Scientific Method fashion, we tested the sitting again the next day and found statistically significant replicability and generalizability! Here you can see Besnik sitting up on his blanket in the living room. (Please disregard the lack of child-proofing in this shot -- we figure there are still a couple months before we need to worry about scissors at baby height.)

4 Comments:
congratulations besnik!! I'm so proud of you. I am working on a gift for you that I thought you would be too young to use, but it looks like with this breakthrough not only can you use it, but it will give you a bit of a challenge. See you in a couple weeks!!
(Parents of the child- can you please read that aloud to my nephew in a suitable teta annie voice? thank you.)
done! we channeled teta annie reading the amityville horror -- Besnik was impressed and is looking forward to his gift.
I was going to say read it in an amityville horror voice but I knew you would understand!
I will telephone tomorrow! or, today when you read this comment.
I realize that Nick may have been biased when he said that he expected Besnik to be the "best and cutest baby" ever, but I have to say that he may in fact have been correct. It sounds like this is way ahead of schedule. :-)
I have been cleaning out some old boxes, and found a rubber lobster. Do you think he might want it? Haha. (Okay, I'm just trying to compete with the gifts borne by Teta Annie. And losing!)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home