Agoo, the Alien Emperor

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bye Bye!

Okay -- so still no new pics. The internet cafe is crowded and I have apparently gotten stuck at the one computer without a USB drive. Alas, I PROMISE there will be a few posts with pictures and no text -- as I know you all just skim the text anyway. Besnik has been the happiest little man this week! It has been so much fun watching him figure all sorts of new things out.

Here are some new highlights.

- He is working on the sign for "potty". He now does it (or a Besnik approximation of it) a few times a day! Usually about 50% of the time he tells us at the right moment (i.e. before he actual "uses the potty"), the other 50% of the time he uses the sign to tell us that he is actually peeing or, my favorite, that he just wants to go into the bathroom to play with the bidet. We are working on his signing accuracy now.

- Words? He has bye-bye down! He uses it (in association with a wave) to see Nick out the door every morning, whenever we pass attractive looking toys on the street that Momma doesn't want to buy, and whenever we want to go out. This afternoon he got his shoes, got me to put them on him, then walked toward the door and declared "bye-bye." How can you not let the boy go out after all of that communication! He is working on "banana" now. He smiles SO big whenever he says or gestures and gets his point across. It must be such a great feeling to be able to express himself so clearly.

- Little boy bed. Today I told Besnik it was time for a nap and then went to shut the balcony door. When I turned around, he wasn't in the bedroom anymore (not abnormal -- he usually runs away to try to find something more interesting to do.) But when I went into the other room, he wasn't there either. I turned around in the doorway and found him sitting on his little bed, holding Tigger and smiling. hahaha. What a comedian!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Gam/Grandma said...

So SWEET! Can't wait to see the pictures. What a smart boy! Gam ox z

September 10, 2009 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

aaww so cute! it's going to be great to have all these stories written down for when he's older. it seems like he's growing up much too fast already..

September 10, 2009 at 1:45 PM  
Anonymous nana said...

Besnik is so smart! I'm sure it has something to do with the Gam and Nana genes that got passed on. (ha ha) I can't wait to see the pics.
Love Nana

September 10, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home