All aboard!
One of Besnik's newest favorite things (well, dating back to our trip to London and the Tube), are TRAINS. Here in MA, we pick up Gam from the train station a few nights a week and even get to see her train as it pulls in and then leaves! Last week, Besnik went to visit Unkie Richie and see the trains that he works on--pushing buttons, doing visiting with Train men. Here is how B described his day to me when he got back:
Tray! Tray! Choooooh. Mmhm. All abooooah! Meek, meek--but [holding out hand], but [gesturing towards his outstretched hand]. Mmhm. Unkeee, mhm, nana. MAMA! Dam.
(Translation: We went to the train. It makes sounds like this: choo-choo. Yup, that is where I was. I called out, 'All aboard,' which is what a train conductor says. Then I sat in the chair, where a conductor sometimes sits, and touched the buttons with my hands--with my hands! Yup, that is what happened. I was there with Uncle Richard, yup. And with Nana. Oh! Mama was there, too. Gam was not there, but she takes trains, and I sometimes pick her up at the train station.)
(Translation: We went to the train. It makes sounds like this: choo-choo. Yup, that is where I was. I called out, 'All aboard,' which is what a train conductor says. Then I sat in the chair, where a conductor sometimes sits, and touched the buttons with my hands--with my hands! Yup, that is what happened. I was there with Uncle Richard, yup. And with Nana. Oh! Mama was there, too. Gam was not there, but she takes trains, and I sometimes pick her up at the train station.)
Labels: besnikspeak, train, uncles, work

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home